moderated Re: Looking For ElBraille E-mail List And Available Tutorials

Jason White

More specifically, the "Braille In" section of the JAWS Help Topics is important, as is the section on using Focus braille displays with JAWS.

On 28/11/21 16:53, Jason White via groups.io wrote:

On 28/11/21 16:24, Tom Behler wrote:
1.  Is there an ElBraille e-mail list I can subscribe to?  I did a Google search, and found a few possibilities, but am not sure which list is best for the fifth-generation unit.
There may be other lists, but the braille-display-users list would be worth a subscription.

 2.  Does anyone know of good “hands on” ElBraille tutorials?  Once again, I’ve found some ElBraille documentation on the Freedom Scientific web site, but I’m looking for more step-by-step tutorials on setting up the ElBraille, and on the ElBraille’s most important functions.

My understanding is that besides several custom applications written for the ElBraille, it's just a Windows 10 Home system running JAWS as the screen reader. The braille-related sections of the JAWS help topics would be an important reference - especially the various braille keyboard operations for entering JAWS commands and simulating Windows keystrokes.

These are all documented extensively in the JAWS help system.