moderated Re: numbers

Mike B.

You could go back into the Settings Center while you have the same application running and change them back to what they were before, if you remember them.

Or, if you go into the ENU folder of the Jaws version you're running, file path below:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2021\Settings\enu
and look for the program you changed the settings of, i.e Word, you would look for the, Word.JCF file.  If you delete this file this will put Word back to it's default JAWS settings in the Settings Center.

Any time you modify an application it creates a, JCF, file in the ENU folder of the particular JAWS version you're running at the time of the settings change, and any other changes that you make down the road are reflected in this same JCF file.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2021 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: numbers

Mike,

So, once you've used INSERT + 6 to create application-specific settings, how are those managed going forward?  And by that I mean particularly how would you edit those and, just as importantly, how would you delete them entirely just for one application.

I'd imagine after doing the tweaks these have to be saved under some name, and are known as some thing (e.g., profile, app specific settings, etc.)

I have not played with JAWS in a while and never had occasion to deal with this specific aspect since most of my clients were entirely new to JAWS and teaching the basics of day-to-day use took precedence over all else.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.