From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2021 1:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Loading a webpage, why is JAWS chatty?

With some webpages, when I click a link and the new page is loaded, JAWS is quite chatty. In some cases, some of the HTML context from the source page is spoken.  I've tried lowering web verbosity and regular verbosity levels, but it doesn't do anything. Does anyone know why?

For example, on this culture, history, and sport page from the government of Canada, I press enter on the History and heritage link, the title of the current window is spoken, then the heading and link, then the destination page twice. Here's the speech history

Culture, history and sport - Canada.ca

 heading level 3‑  Link‑ History and heritage

History and heritage - Canada.ca

History and heritage - Canada.ca

Page has 9Regions, 25headings and 60links