moderated Re: braille writer

Bill Tessore

Isn’t there still a company that makes the Mountbatten braille writer? i’ve seen some before, and it’s my understanding they do the same thing and are built primarily the same too.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

On Nov 21, 2021, at 11:47 AM, Milton Ota <mota1252@...> wrote:

You really have only one choice and that is the Perkins Braille Writer. I don’t think you are looking for the electric one.

You can find brand new ones at Perkins Store. Price is around $900.00

Here is the web URL to the Perkins Store for Braille Writers:

https://brailler.perkins.org/pages/perkins-brailler

You can find people selling secondhand Perkins Braillers ranging in price from around $250.00 and I have seen some going for as high as $400.00. Ads are usually found on blindads a listserv found on groups.io, and you can find ads in the Braille Forum from the American Council of the Blind and the Braille Monitor from the National Federation of the Blind.

HTH