moderated Re: File explorer is upside-down

David & his pack of dogs <myguidedogis@...>

I've seen occasions where someone accidentally activated one of the other columns, say Date modified, and had no idea why their sort order in the name column looked like nothing they've ever encountered before.  Some go through life aimlessly, have no idea where they are going most of the time and how they got there. One of my family members is like that.  She drives like that and surfs the internet the same way, creating problems for herself and having no idea what she did to create them because she did not know what she did.  .   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: November 21, 2021 7:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: File explorer is upside-down

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 07:53 PM, Mario wrote:

tab to and spacebar on a name split button

-
Just a quick note should someone find themselves in the situation.  Each column in file explorer if you're using list or details view is a split button, and you can sort by any single column in either ascending or descending order.  It's the main part of the split button, not the split part, that toggles sort order back and forth

I've seen occasions where someone accidentally activated one of the other columns, say Date modified, and had no idea why their sort order in the name column looked like nothing they've ever encountered before.

If something like that does occur, just gain focus on the left half of the split button for the column on which you want your files sorted and activate it.  You may have to do that twice if the initial sort order is reversed from what you actually wanted.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.