From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Lockwood
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 2:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2021 and OCR component not install

I recently built a new computer. I have windows 10 professional. I installed
open book 9, the latest version. I then installed Jaws 2021 from the
off-line 1.3 GB installation file. But, the OCR component is not installed.
that is what I keep getting told whenever I try to OCR a PDF. I called
Support and all they told me was make sure windows is up-to-date. That is
pretty infuriating. I have sent try to remove jars, completely along with
all shared components and then reinstalled it. No different. I have
installed all my previous versions of jaws, 2018, 2019, 2020 while also
having 2021 on the computer, still, OCR component not installed. Any help
much appreciated