moderated Jaws 2021 and OCR component not install

James Lockwood

I recently built a new computer. I have windows 10 professional. I installed open book 9, the latest version. I then installed Jaws 2021 from the off-line 1.3 GB installation file. But, the OCR component is not installed. that is what I keep getting told whenever I try to OCR a PDF. I called Support and all they told me was make sure windows is up-to-date. That is pretty infuriating. I have sent try to remove jars, completely along with all shared components and then reinstalled it. No different. I have installed all my previous versions of jaws, 2018, 2019, 2020 while also having 2021 on the computer, still, OCR component not installed. Any help much appreciated