moderated Re: [External] : Re: Creating folders

Don Mauck

Well, I looked at all of that an no hot keys were defined.

However, now the keystroke works correctly. That was after I just updated JAWS2022 to the latest build.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 10:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [External] : Re: Creating folders

Don,

Then, in the start menu, whether you get to it via searching for it or whether there is a permanent shortcut in the start menu itself, look at the properties for Note.

Somehow, somewhere, something has assigned CTRL + SHIFT + N to make Windows invoke that program.  It is possible, but highly improbable, that this could be the result of a corruption in Windows itself, and they do happen on occasion.

But Windows is never going to fire up a program when a keyboard shortcut is issued unless that shortcut exists in Windows own list of shortcuts I handle.  The most common way of adding to that list is either during the installation of a program or by creating a desktop shortcut and then assigning a keyboard shortcut to that desktop shortcut.

    ~ William Plomer