moderated Re: [External] : Re: Creating folders

Bill White

Hi, Don. While attempting to create the folders with CONTROL, SHIFT, N, do you have an Office application open, and if so, does CONTROL, SHIFT, N work differently when the Office application is closed?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 9:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Creating folders

I do not.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 10:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [External] : Re: Creating folders

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 12:02 PM, Don Mauck wrote:

Out of curiosity I did the control shift N, command, it brought up note.

-
Check to see if you have a desktop shortcut for Note and it has CTRL + SHIFT + N defined as its shortcut.

If you do, Windows itself will always process CTRL + SHIFT + N first, fire up Note, and then focus returns to File Explorer.  This, of course, happens very quickly.

But if you have assigned that key sequence to a desktop shortcut, or somehow otherwise defined it so that Windows has it in its "list of shortcuts I process," it's always going to do whatever it is it's assigned to by Windows.  Windows has first dibs on any keyboard shortcut, your screen reader second, and your application program (and File Explorer is an application) third.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.