moderated Re: Jaws will not work on some web pages

Dave Durber

Adrian:

For some reason, The Close function in the system Menue within a program or programs in the Windows session in which I tried it,  would not work for me. However, after I restarted the computer, the Close function in the System Menue within those programs, now workks in the new Window session.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws will not work on some web pages

Hi Curtis and Tony,

To add to Curtis’s excellent questions, one more that might save a little trouble if the answer is no: has your wife maximized the page? To check, press alt-spacebar, release and then arrow up or down through the options. If maximized isn’t grayed out, press the spacebar on it. If it is grayed out, then maximization isn’t the source of the problem.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 4:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws wil not work on some web pages

Hello Tony:

I looked at the page whose link you provided, which was https://sunvalleycc.online.church/. I am running JAWS 2022 with Windows 10 21H1. I have access to the latest versions of Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. I also have Mozilla Firefox.

On the page which appears when you activate the above link, none of my browsers will see an edit box when the JAWS command “e” is pressed. However, it is interesting that Forms Mode is automatically turned on. Here are a couple of questions that might help to address the differences in behavior between your and your wife’s computer.

1.            Is there supposed to be an edit box or field on the page which comes up when the above link is activated?

2.            Are you both using the same Web browser? If so, what browser is it?

3.            Are you both running with the same version of JAWS? What version would that be, and if your versions are different, can you tell us what version of JAWS runs on your computer and what version runs on your wife’s system?

4.            What about operating systems? Are you both running Windows 10 or is each one of you using a different operating system? If the latter, can you tell us what operating systems?

What we have here is only some of the information we need to attempt to address your issue.

With kind regards,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Sohl
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 2:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws wil not work on some web pages

wWe are having an issue with JAWS and form fields on a website.

We are serving at our church and it's online and using an online

platform that normally works with Jaws.

For some reason, on my wife's laptop computer,  when she goes to press

the leter E to go to the fiorm field, it keeps telling her there are no

form fields on thsi page.

However, when I run the same page on my laptop, I can press ther letter

E to see the form fields and it works properly.

We are wondering if she has a newer version of windows than I do.

What is causing this not to work? On other web pages, she can go to the

edit fields.

Here is the website we are having issues with.

https://sunvalleycc.online.church/

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.