http://nfb.org
Student of: Hadley Institute for the Blind
http://hadley.edu

On Nov 15, 2021, at 01:05, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

That’s odd. What is the Windows 11 build you are using (say, 22000.318, which can be obtained from WinVer)? In this case, I would say this is something Microsoft should be made aware of (sorry).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 10:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 11 chat app

Hi,

It’s been a while since setting it up (I set up mine back in August or September while testing this feature as a Windows Insider).

It turns out Microsoft Teams that is used by Chat is actually a web app. It might be possible that somehow the Chat portal might be having difficulty connecting you to Teams web portal for some reason (yes, you do need a Microsoft Account to use the portal properly).

You say you hear “try again” when you press Windows+C? Can you tell us more, including exactly what this screen says (surely there might be additional text).

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

The Chat app is, essentially, a portal to Microsoft Teams. You need to have a Microsoft Account and Microsoft Teams (preview) app installed to sign in and use it.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi all, I have a question here regarding how to set up the Windows 11 Chat app. Recently, I installed Windows 11 and there is a feature that I really want to take advantage of, and this feature is the Chat app. I hit the command Win+C to activate this feature but everytime time I try to set it up, it wont show me the setup button instead it shows me the try again button. I hit the try again button and nothing happened.