moderated Re: SAPI 5 Voices For Windows

paul lemm

Hi Annabelle,

I too have the old real speak voices cd which jaws used to ship with their older versions of jaws, I still use those voices on my windows 64bit system since the ones shipped on cd although only 32bit they could be used with third party software, so I often use those voices when playing audio games since I prefer those voices to the built in Microsoft voices. If you want the new 64bit voices for jaws you can download these   directly from the freedom scientific website, the newer 64bit voices I believe are called ‘Vocaliser voices’. I’ll put the link below, the voices downloaded from their site though can only be used with jaws , but those are the voices I’d recommend you use if you just want to add additional voices to your installation of Jaws.  If you do however specifically  want to use the real speak voices from your cd I do have a modified installer which will let you install them on a 64bit machine, this is a modified version of the installer though so not an official release from jaws  but something just created by a jaws user. Since it uses the voices from  your CD these are still only 32bit voices and are now somewhat old and dated  so they won’t sound as good as the newer vocaliser  voices. If you do want the installer, To avoid breaking any list rules I can send the modified installer but it won’t actually include any   of the real speak voices, so it’s just the modified installation file itself without any voices, therefore you’ll need the actual CD itself to get the voices from, as without the CD the installer won’t do anything as previously mentioned the installation file doesn’t contain any voices at all. anyway, like I said earlier the best thing if you want just the most up to date voices for Jaws is to use the ones from their website, the link to that is below you just need to select the link that is appropriate to your specific version  of Jaws

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/synthesizers

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: 14 November 2021 22:12
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: SAPI 5 Voices For Windows

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I have a CD Rom of Realspeak Solo voices that came with JAWS 4.5, which includes Javier (Latin American Spanish), Tom (American English), Jennifer (American English), Emily (British English), (Daniel (British English), Serena (British English), and Paulina (Latin American Spanish), but I can't get these voices to load into JAWS 2021 in Windows 10, as the disk says they're specifically for 32-bit systems. Is there a CD ROM out there that has 64-bit versions of these SAPI 5 voices?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.