moderated Re: List Rules - 11/01/2021 #cal-notice

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 10:53 PM, David Diamond wrote:
Ah, however, I’ve lost track of how often I’ve heard the term, “That has nothing to do with JAWS, it is a windows command.”  I did not know that, so was glad for the correction.  Obviously if I did not know something, I can hardly be faulted.
-
David,

Of course, that can happen.  But I chose the example I did for a reason.  Have you ever known of a screen reader command, and I mean exactly that, which handles text formatting?  I've never encountered one, and with a few moments' thought anyone formulating that sort of question would likely realize it, too.

I do not presume that the members of any of these groups is not capable of pausing, for a moment, and reflecting upon what area their question is likely about.  And in almost all cases it's one of three categories:  The screen reader, Windows, or a given application program.   And it's pretty obvious in the majority of cases which is really being asked about.

The problem is that many don't want to have to think about exactly what it is they're asking about.  That's a problem, and the following quotation gives a clear indication of why:

Most problems precisely defined are already partially solved.

         ~ Harry Lorayne, Memory Makes Money

    ~ William Plomer