toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Mike. The JAWS 2021 file in question is not a new update, and was released in October.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 3:01 PM
Subject: Attention JAWS Users! Special November J2021.2111.2 Update Download Link + What's New
For those who use the Tandem feature, this update is required if you need to establish a Tandem connection with JAWS or Fusion 2022 or higher.
Below is the download link + what else is new in this release.
J2021.2111.2 32 & 64 bit:
Enhancements in JAWS 2021.2111.2 (November 2021)
The following is a list of improvements made between the July 2021 release and the November 2021 update.
• For those who use the Tandem feature, this update is required if you need to establish a Tandem connection with JAWS or Fusion 2022 or higher.
• Made several improvements to Windows 11 support.
• Improved JAWS reading of text in Google Docs containing multiple proofing attributes, such as content that is highlighted and also includes a comment.
• When navigating a table in Google Docs, JAWS now announces the current row or column after reading the cell contents. Additionally, if you have turned
off the announcement of table cell coordinates in Quick Settings, JAWS now only reads the cell contents as expected when using the table reading commands
• Addressed issues in Google Docs where JAWS was not properly indicating inserted, deleted, or commented text at the start or end of a line or a table
• Addressed an issue with JAWS not reading as expected in some instances when navigating by character.
• Added a new option to toggle the announcement of text marked as a suggestion in Google Docs. To change this, open Settings Center and locate the Suggested
text announcement check box.
• JAWS now properly reads the title of the current page in Chrome or Edge when using CTRL+TAB to move between open pages.
• Addressed an issue where JAWS was not indicating the start of commented text in Google Docs when navigating by word.
Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"