moderated Re: A Tip On JAWS and Outlook

Ben Moxey

Hi Rick

Press Shift + F6 from your list of emails until you find the Navigation Bar. Arrow to the calendar and use your Applications key or Shift + F10 to display the context menu. You will find the Dock to Peek option.

You will now have a “peek” of your calendar available when in the Mail tab of Outlook that you can navigate to using F6. It would be interesting to know if you get a different result in this peek view. I can see how this feature would be very helpful for someone sighted as a quick reference, but navigating to the Calendar with Control + 2 is probably more efficient for a JAWS user if it doesn’t provide any benefit.

Does Narrator pick up all of your appointments when navigating the calendar?

All the best.

Ben

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Sunday, 7 November 2021 3:11 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: A Tip On JAWS and Outlook

Dear Listers:

I have just upgraded my computer to Office 365 which has a more modern version of Outlook.  I am handling e-mails fairly well, but on the calendar not all of my events, including my meetings, are showing.  I read that there is a way to solve this problem by locating the calendar on the navigation bar and then clicking “Dock the peek,” but I do not know how to do this using JAWS.  Do any of you out there know, and can one of you please give me some advice?

Rick Miller

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.