moderated Re: Windows 11 and Office 365 with Jaws issue

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Madison,

I hate to say "I told you so", but keep this experience in mind whenever the next major update to an operating system comes along, it really is better to wait sometimes and not to be among the first group of people to upgrade especially if as you say you are not comfortable with potentially wiping out your entire system and starting from scratch.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: November 4, 2021 11:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 11 and Office 365 with Jaws issue

I'm not at all comfortable even attempting to do this, wish there was some other solution that doesn't involve uninstalling and re-installing programs, doing this for Jaws was hard enough using Narrator.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: November 2, 2021 11:59 PM

As somebody else pointed out before, since you probably did an in-place upgrade it may just be the time to make sure you have a backup of your data and wipe the system clean and then do a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB installation drive, then reinstall Jaws and Office via your Microsoft 365 subscription and see if this clears up the issues.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via groups.io
Sent: November 2, 2021 4:35 PM

On 2/11/21 18:29, Vaughan Dodd wrote:
Not experiencing this. In fact, Windows 11 with v2022 of Jaws and all
Office apps up-to-date - most stable and responsive I have ever had.
It's the same for me - no additional issues with JAWS 2022.

Microsoft Outlook becomes unresponsive and needs to be restarted sometimes when I'm accessing IMAP folders, but that has been an issue for years. Under Windows 11 and JAWS 2022, it does seem to be more responsive in general (save for that long-standing bug).

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.