moderated Re: Jaws Screen Reader cost?.

Loy

I have seen a JAWS to NVDA list of keyboard shortcuts on the web, not sure if it was put out by NVDA or someone else.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws Screen Reader cost?.

If NVDA maintainers really cared about helping the Blind, then they would include a Jaws layout for those who want it.
This is not unheard of, Microsoft Word used to have a WordPerfect mode, where you could use WP keyboard commands and the WP layout.
I think WindowEyes also had a Jaws KB layout as well.
But the maintainers of NVDA are so anti-Jaws, that they have to do anything they can to try to prove that their product is better, to which I say it is not.
It does well, and is a good backup, probably better than Narrator, but it does not come close to JFW, and they could do a lot better to make it easier to recruit Jaws users.
Glenn