From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, 3 November 2021 5:55 am
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws Screen Reader cost?.

You have been using JAWS since 1989?  That would be impossible because JAWS was not introduced until 1995.  In fact, I don't think any screen reader existed in 1989, not even Voice Over.

Gerald

Steve, as a 54-year old very active technology user who has been using Jaws since 1989 I have tried to use NVDA a few times and I just can't do much with it because of the differences. Yes, maybe some keys are similar, but it still is quite different as well. Of course then again I just have not felt motivated to really spend time learning it to the point where I might feel more comfortable with it since I always keep my Jaws up to date.