moderated Re: Jaws Screen Reader cost?.

Mario

and JAWS for Windows 95 came out in 95.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Glenn / Lenny [mailto:glenn@ervin.email]
Subject: Jaws Screen Reader cost?.
Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 1:04 PM
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
There was Jaws for DOS.

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Gerald Levy via groups.io
<mailto:bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 02, 2021 11:55 AM
*Subject:* Re: Jaws Screen Reader cost?.

You have been using JAWS since 1989?  That would be impossible
because JAWS was not introduced until 1995.  In fact, I don't think
any screen reader existed in 1989, not even Voice Over.

Gerald

Steve, as a 54-year old very active technology user who has been
using Jaws since 1989 I have tried to use NVDA a few times and I
just can't do much with it because of the differences. Yes, maybe
some keys are similar, but it still is quite different as well. Of
course then again I just have not felt motivated to really spend
time learning it to the point where I might feel more comfortable
with it since I always keep my Jaws up to date.