moderated Re: Still Have Problems Activating Windows Startup Sound

Tom Behler

So, how do you make it so that startup is defined in your sound scheme?

This is all new to me.

Tom Behler

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 6:52 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Still Have Problems Activating Windows Startup Sound

I've never heard of that one.

Fast Start Up is uncheck on all my machines, and the Windows start up sound works.

The issue I believe is that no start up sound is defined in your sound scheme, in that case, it won't work.

All the best

Steve

--
To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: 01 November 2021 20:36
Subject: Re: Still Have Problems Activating Windows Startup Sound

Hi, Tom. On some computers, the startup sound won't play unless Fast Startup is checked.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 1:12 PM
Subject: Still Have Problems Activating Windows Startup Sound

Dave and all:

I followed the instructions below for activating the windows start-up sound, and play windows startup sound is checked.

However, when I shut down and then re-boot my computer, the start-up sound does not play.

I am referring here to the older computer that I recently updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

I believe that the windows start-up sound played immediately after I did the update, but no longer plays after I downloaded and installed new Dell drivers for my system.

Is there anything else I should check?

Tom Behler

How to turn on the "play Windows startup sound" function in Windows 10

1. When you are at the desktop, tap the WINDOWS Key, and type "change system sounds" (without the quotes, in the search edit field. Generally, as soon as you type the two letters ch, Windows usually delimits to this result. If it does, press ENTER, to open the utility.

2. When the utility opens, JAWS will speak some Windows information about system sound themes. If you do not wish to listen to the information, Tap the CTRL key, to stop JAWS speaking the infomation.

3, Tap the TAB key, until JAWS says, "play Windows startup sound". JAWS will tell you it is unchecked. This is the default setting.

4. Tap the SPACE BAR, to check the check box.

5. Tap the TAB key until you get to the Apply button, press the SPACE BAR, to apply the change

6. Tap the TAB key, until you get to the OK button, Press the SPACE BAR or, the ENTER key, to activate the OK button, to close the utility and return the system to the Desktop.

7. When you turn on the computer, restart Windows or, you wake the computer using either the Sleep mode or, Hibernation Mode, the play Windows startup sound will be played.

8. After you hear the Windows Startup sound, if you are someone who needs to enter a Windows password or, a Microsoft account password to log in to Windows, and you have not installed another screen reader or, you have, but it has not been set to start at the Log on screen, this is where you need to press CTRL+WINDOWS KEY+ENTER, to start Narrator. When Narrator starts speaking, Narrator should tell you , that you are at the point where you need to enter the Windows password or, the Microsoft account password to log into Windows.

9. If you are someone who has disabled the default log on screen, when you hear the play Windows startup sound, Windows is at the Desktop. If you have not installed another screen reader or, you have, but it has not been set to start after Windows Log on, this is where you need to press CTRL+WINDOWS
KEY+ENTER, to start Narrator and get access to Windows.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.