From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 5:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Still Have Problems Activating Windows Startup Sound

Hi, Tom. Before you can enable or disable fast startup, hibernation must be enabled.

How to Enable Hibernation on a Windows 10 PC

1. type Command Prompt into the search bar.
2. click Run as administrator.
3. type,
powercfg.exe /hibernate on
into the Command Prompt.
4. Press Enter.

Once you have enabled hybernation,

1. Open Control Panel.
2. Open Power options.
3. Find, and press ENTER on Choose What The Power Buttons Do.
4. Find, and press ENTER on, Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable.
5. TAB to, and check, turn on Fast Startup.
6. TAB to, and press ENTER on, Save Changes.
7. Now Fast Startup will be enabled.
8. To reverse this, repeat steps 1 through 4.
9. TAB to, and uncheck Fast Startup.
10. TAB to, and press ENTER on Save Changes.
11. Now Fast Startup will again be disabled.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net