moderated Re: How can I put GMail on my desktop?

Shirley,

Just curious what browser you're using?  Glenn's recommendation will definitely work, and it's browser agnostic, but some browsers make it very easy to send a shortcut to the desktop, while others don't.

As an aside, it's no surprise that Windows Live Mail is going wonky for you.  I recommended it as a basic email client even after it was out of support, which is a very rare exception for me, but stopped about a year ago because it is becoming problematic, particularly with GMail and other email services that use more secure authorization than Windows Live Mail was ever designed to support.

    ~ William Plomer