moderated Re: How can I put GMail on my desktop?

Shirley Tracy

Thanks. It sounds easy enough for me. :)

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 11:39 AM Glenn / Lenny <glenn@...> wrote:
Hi Shirley,
There may be other methods people use, but here's how I make a link to a web
page.
While on the page, do alt + D
This puts you in the address field.
Then do control C to copy it
Then you can do F6 to get out of the address field.
Then focus on the desktop.
If something is highlighted, that something is selected, which is likely the
case, do control space to unselect it.
Then use the applications key, or shift F10 if you don't have an
applications key,
and arrow to new, and right arrow into that, and down arrow to shortcut and
press enter.
Then you will be in the location field, so you can paste what you copied
before.
Then tab to next and give it a name, and then tab to okay or close or
whatever.
HTH.
Glenn