moderated Re: Reading Kindle Book Seems Broken in Jaws2022

Shankar.C <shankar.c@...>

Hi there,

From the table of contents, selecting any topic and pressing enter the content get loaded and the focus will be on the page, just turn off the virtual cursor and use arrow keys and try reading the book.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Culpepper
Sent: 29 October 2021 11:08 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Reading Kindle Book Seems Broken in Jaws2022

I have installed Jaws 2022 on my computers and have had trouble reading Kindle books on both my desktop and laptop computers. I have been accustomed to reading by using Jaws keystrokes as I would read a Word or other document. Now, however, the only way I can read is to enable “text to speech” in Kindle (Ctrl t) and start or pause reading with the shift-spacebar keystroke. I cannot navigate the text by character, word, sentence, or any of the standard Jaws ways of reading a text. This is occurring in books that I had begun reading prior to installing Jaws 2022 and had been using Jaws keyboard commands to navigate and read the Kindle books. From this description can anyone diagnose something that I am doing wrong? Is this a giant step backwards in reading Kindle content with this version of Jaws?

Many thanks in advance for any restorative suggestions.

Ed Culpepper

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama