moderated Outlook account/contacts issues

Madison Martin

Hi all,
Not sure if any of these issues can be fixed, but I figured I'd ask since you guys have helped me out before. I created an outlook.com account on Monday and since Tuesday I've had some issues that I'd like fixed. I have a bunch of old messages that I've kept and when I imported everything they were in my inbox, but yesterday I looked and I noticed that the oldest message that was there was from a year ago, but I had ones from 2018, 2019 and earlier in 2020. I also have 5 folders within my inbox and I noticed yesterday that all of the messages that were in one of the folders were gone as well. Any idea what could've happened to all of these messages between when I imported everything and yesterday, and also is there any way I might be able to get them back? Before anyone asks/assumes I didn't delete any of them, if I was going to do that I would've done that before I imported stuff. I don't look at any of these messages regularly, but I kept them just in case I ever needed/wanted to refer back to any of the info in any of them. Now when I imported all of my contacts I got some message saying that they couldn't be imported into this folder (the contacts one in outlook that comes up when you press control 3) so they'd be placed in another folder with the same name and that got put up where the sent and junk folders and those sorts of folders are. So I went into it and I was able to read through my contacts, but I wasn't able to do anything with them, like delete or edit any of them. Any idea why I might've gotten this message and if there's any way that I can get my contacts back into the normal contacts folder so that I can do stuff with them again when I need/want too? Now this account isn't an imap account like my other two accounts are, it's a Microsoft exchange account, I didn't ask for it to be created like this, it's just how it happened, could this explain any of my issues? I'd love to have it be an imap account, but not sure if it's possible to change this and even if it is I don't know how to do it. I'm using the latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows 10. Really hope there's something that can be done to help me, any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks Madison