moderated Re: Having Trouble Turning Fast Startup Off In Windows 10

Tom Behler

Bill:

Once I get to "change settings that are currently unavailable,, and then scroll down to shutdown, I find no options to uncheck relating to fast startup. I get a bunch of options rgarding the sleep settings, what happens when closing the laptop lid, ect., but again, nothing pertaining to fast startup.

This also was verified by sighted assistance.

Tom Behler

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 5:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Having Trouble Turning Fast Startup Off In Windows 10

Hi, Tom. Try the following,

1. Open the "run" dialog, and in the dialog box, type control panel 2. Press ENTER.
3. Press the letter P until you hear Power Options, and continue with Sieghard's instructions.

Incidentally, apparently you are having the same problem as others here have had, where search is not displaying what is on your computer, and instead, is taking you directly to web entries.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 2:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Having Trouble Turning Fast Startup Off In Windows 10

Hello, everyone.

I'm having trouble turning off fast startup on the Dell Lattitude E6540 laptop computer I just updated to Windows 10.

When I type control panel into the Windows search box, accessed by the windows key, I seem to get internet links and get put automatically into the Microsoft Edge browser, rather than actual control panel options.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Here are instructions posted a few days ago by Siegard Weitzel.

If Sieghard or someone can give me further guidance, I'd really appreciate the assistance.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Turn Off Win10 Fast Startup

1. Open Control Panel then select Power Options. This is presuming that you’re using the classic “Small Icons” view in Control Panel. If not, navigate to the “View by” control and select “Small Icons,” then navigate to Power Options.
2. Activate the Choose what the power button does link on the left side of the dialog.
3. In the dialog just opened, activate Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
4. Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
5. Remove the check mark from the Turn on Fast Startup (Recommended) checkbox.
6. Select the Save Changes Button.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.