From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 2:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Having Trouble Turning Fast Startup Off In Windows 10

On my system (up to date win10) I can hit the windows key, type
"power" and go directly to "Power and Sleep Settings", from there
choose "Additional power settings" and on the screen that comes up the
"Choose what the power buttons do" link is available.

But even after activating the "Change settings that are currently
unavailable " link I do not have a shutdown section or anything about
fast startup, (at least not that is in the tab order).

On 10/28/21, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I'm having trouble turning off fast startup on the Dell Lattitude E6540
laptop computer I just updated to Windows 10.

When I type control panel into the Windows search box, accessed by the
windows key, I seem to get internet links and get put automatically into the
Microsoft Edge browser, rather than actual control panel options.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Here are instructions posted a few days ago by Siegard Weitzel.

If Sieghard or someone can give me further guidance, I'd really appreciate
the assistance.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Turn Off Win10 Fast Startup

1. Open Control Panel then select Power Options. This is presuming that
you’re using the classic “Small Icons” view in Control Panel. If not,
navigate to the “View by” control and select “Small Icons,” then navigate to
Power Options.
2. Activate the Choose what the power button does link on the left side of
the dialog.
3. In the dialog just opened, activate Change settings that are currently
unavailable link.
4. Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
5. Remove the check mark from the Turn on Fast Startup (Recommended)
checkbox.
6. Select the Save Changes Button.

--
Soronel Haetir