I'm having trouble turning off fast startup on the Dell Lattitude E6540 laptop computer I just updated to Windows 10.
When I type control panel into the Windows search box, accessed by the windows key, I seem to get internet links and get put automatically into the Microsoft Edge browser, rather than actual control panel options.
I'm obviously doing something wrong.
Here are instructions posted a few days ago by Siegard Weitzel.
If Sieghard or someone can give me further guidance, I'd really appreciate the assistance.
Turn Off Win10 Fast Startup
1. Open Control Panel then select Power Options. This is presuming that you’re using the classic “Small Icons” view in Control Panel. If not, navigate to the “View by” control and select “Small Icons,” then navigate to Power Options.
2. Activate the Choose what the power button does link on the left side of the dialog.
3. In the dialog just opened, activate Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
4. Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
5. Remove the check mark from the Turn on Fast Startup (Recommended) checkbox.
6. Select the Save Changes Button.