From a Microsoft Forum discussion regarding Fast Startup:
“Now here’s the key difference for Windows 8: as in Windows 7, we close the user sessions, but instead of closing the kernel session, we hibernate it. Compared to a full hibernate, which includes a lot of memory pages in use by apps, session 0 hibernation data is much smaller, which takes substantially less time to write to disk.
If you’re not familiar with hibernation, we’re effectively saving the system state and memory contents to a file on disk (hiberfil.sys) and then reading that back in on resume and restoring contents back to memory. Using this technique with boot gives us a significant advantage for boot times, since reading the hiberfile in and reinitializing drivers is much faster on most systems (30-70% faster on most systems we’ve tested).”

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: October 26, 2021 8:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS not speaking at all on starting system

How do you disable fast startup in the Jaws options?

I've not been able to find this option here.

I'm wondering if this may be part of my problem with Jaws not coming up reliably on the older Dell Lattitude E6540 laptop that I just upgraded to Windows 10.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2021 on that computer.

Tom Behler