moderated Re: Inappropriate Forms Mode in latest JAWS 2021 Build

Marty Hutchings

You are going to yell at me, because I was looking for this feature in JAWS 2019 and apparently, it isn't there yet.  I used the search field and looked for "enable" and "virtual cursor"

On 10/25/2021 1:54 PM, Bill White wrote:

Hi, Marty. I don't know why you didn't find it in JAWS key plus six. It actually is there. Look in the search box for the word enable, and it should be the first result. It might have to do with which application is loaded when you look for the word enable.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 11:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Inappropriate Forms Mode in latest JAWS 2021 Build

Can you tell me where you found that setting?  I hit JAWS Key + 6 and didn't find it there.

On 10/25/2021 12:34 PM, Dennis Brown wrote:

Hi Bill.

I found the cause of the forms mode activation!

In the Jaws configuration, I had checked the setting,

“Enable Virtual Cursor in Windows Universal Apps.”

When I disabled that, things went back to normal.

Thanks for the assistance!

Dennis

AVG logo

www.avg.com