moderated Re: Inappropriate Forms Mode?

Howard Traxler

I don't know if he was talking about jaws.  He didn't say what was updated to 2021.  I thought maybe it was NVDA.  The subject line didn't even indicate the jaws list.

On 10/24/2021 6:37 PM, Bill White wrote:

Hi, Jim. Maybe Dennis is talking about Windows 7, but from where in his post do you get this idea. He said that he let the update feature update his JAWS to the latest build of JAWS, then he spoke of the Settings App. I don't think Windows 7 even had a Settings app. Only Windows 10 and 11 has a Settings app.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 4:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Inappropriate Forms Mode?

You’re talking about Windows 7, correct? It is no longer supported, the questioning why the current release of the software doesn’t work with it? Really?

On Oct 24, 2021, at 6:52 PM, Dennis Brown <dennistbrown@...> wrote:

I let the update feature update my 2021 to the latest build, and now have a problem that isn’t in previous builds.

When I go to the Start menu search field, then type in Settings, it loads the Windows Settings app.

Navigating in that app, it acts as if forms mode automatically gets activated.

I don’t have auto forms mode set in my JAWS settings, but when I try to move left and right through the options, it gives me the forms mode sound, then moves character by character through the name of the option, not option by option.

Likewise, if I arrow down, I get the forms mode off sound

If I select an option with Enter, I get forms mode on sound, and can’t do squat with the selected option.

I dropped back to 2020, and no problem.

If I arrow through the Systems Tray, then select my network icon, it goes into forms mode, and I can’t do anything with that selection.

Any ideas?

Dennis

AVG logo

www.avg.com