moderated Re: JFW and iTunes

Cornelius

I do not know that you could sync music directly to the music app using dropbox or OneDrive. On Dropbox though you have to play the music  on the Dropbox app. Even if you can sync to the music app, you will need ways to delete them if the music is no longer required.
There are still certain tasks like backing up the entire phone which cannot be done without iTune unless one is willing to pay for iCloud storage.

From: Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 10:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JFW and iTunes

iTunes on the Mac has been gone for one or two years now.  The iDevicce interacts with Finder and shows up like a external drive.
You can completely manage apps on the device without the need for iTunes and if you use either One Drive or DropBox you can access music files and pull them into the Music app.
I have no idea if Apple plans on pulling iTunes all together, but I can’t imagine that they are going to continue to pour money into an application that solely runs on Windows.
What tasks do you directly need iTunes for today?
Regards,

Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@...

On Oct 18, 2021, at 10:32 AM, Alan Robbins <arobbins1057@...> wrote:

Hello,

Not sure on this. I did read on a list or web somewhere that Apple was considering discontinuing iTunes in the future? Can anyone validate this? If true they would need to fix the iPhone somehow to allow items to be put on and taken off.

Alan