moderated Re: how to change advanced power settings in windows

Mario

maybe you need to disable the driver in Device Manager, where upon restarting the computer will reenable the driver?

-------- Original Message --------
From: James English [mailto:james13english@gmail.com]
Subject: how to change advanced power settings in windows
Date: Monday, October 18, 2021, 10:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Hi Richard,

For some reason when I follow these steps there is simply no power
management tab there. It appears not to exist.

- James

On 10/18/21, Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi James,
I kind of followed Chris's steps and found it on my Dell laptop. Well, I
found my WiFi card as it is the only one that shows up.
Only, I typed the word "connection" singular, not plural.

I arrowed down on my WiFi network so Jaws would see it as selected.
I did the application key, and selected property.
I shift+tabbed once to the configure button and pressed spacebar.
I was on the General tab, as I right arrowed, I went through all the tabs,
the last one being Power Management tab, the first item when I tabbed was a
checkbox for allowing the computer to turn this device off to save power.

I hope that helps.

Richard
- Jane Wagner