moderated Re: PC Problem

Michael Munn

hello sieghard, I checked my task manager on my laptop and it is blank. I do not have anything loaded but Jaws. i will call Be my Eyes and ask them to take a look on my screen to see if there is any message displaied during the shut down process.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Best regards
Michael H. Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 7:14 PM Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

The first thing which comes to mind is not malware or anything like that but some application which prevents the computer from shutting down.

If you use Jaws it may or may not say something, but the first thing I would do is get a sighted person to look at the computer screen when you are shutting it down and see if there are any messages, you could also use Aira or Be My Eyes if you have a smartphone and one or both of these apps.

It maybe as simple as finding which application prevents the computer from shutting down and making sure said application is closed.

Another thing you can do is check your Task Manager before you want to shut down the system and see if any applications are running or if all are background tasks.