moderated Re: PC Problem

Michael Munn

hi Jm, I tried the method that you recommended, and it doesn't work. I was able to turn off the screen and the keyboard but I am not able to turn off the fan and the LED light.
Thank you for the suggestion and I really appreciate it.
Best regards
Michael H. munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 4:54 PM JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Hey Michael…

This may not be a permanent solution for you, but I wonder if it’ll work. I personally like these kidns o commands and their decisive nature and quick results, but you may prefer to shutdown throught eh gui.

Try this. Make sure everything you need is saved before this because you will get no warning.

Open the run dialogue box with windows key + r

Type in the following, without quotes:

“shutdown /s /f /t 0”

Your machine should shut down almost instantly. If it doesn’t, yaeh, something is definitely amiss.