moderated Re: Word, Footnotes and JAWS

Ann Byrne

Alt+s, then f to add additional footnotes. Goto dialog to move between text and footnotes. Draft view in order to read everything with JAWS.

At 09:53 AM 10/17/2021, you wrote:
Hello Takis,

I tried this, and control+alt+f only works for the first footnote.

If I keep writing, and want to addd a second footnote, how is this done?
I checked the Microsoft help, but it mentions the Review Tab and I didn't find anything on Footnotes there.

Thanks,

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." - Jane Wagner

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 11:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Word, Footnotes and JAWS

Hi Tom/all,
Yes, word has a shortcut and it's all very useful, perhaps not as handy as that by the old wordperfect. When you type and want to insert a footnote, just press control-alt-f and it will open with the corresponding number. Once you have typed it, just arrow up if it is the first one and you will get yourself back to main text. My suggestion which works is to use alt-home, then alt-end which gets you back to where the note was inserted. If I want to look at a note I usually hit alt-shift-e and read it albeit in a way of preview, but it is quicker than the technique suggested to read it without having to speed that.
Hope this helps,
Takis