moderated Re: PC Problem

Hareth

In this case try the last known fixes that I know.
1st, re install or repair the Adrenalin Software that specific to AMD
cpu's computers.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rsx-install
If it didn't work, look in device manager for any Intel devices E.G
wireless card ETC
If there are any, download the latest driver for them, and before the
upgrade uninstall the old ones. then install the newer.
And Try to uncheck the "let PC turn off this device to save power"
feature in devices one by one to see if one of them is the culprit.
TC

On 10/17/21, Michael Munn <michaelrbms@...> wrote:
Thanks a lot and greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately my computer use AMD as
it's processor.

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students, National Federation of
Georgia
http://nfbga.org
Member National Association of Blind Students, National Federation of the
Blind
http://nfb.org
Student of: Hadley Institute for the Blind
http://hadley.edu

On Oct 17, 2021, at 01:27, Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:

Hi,
If your computer contains it, this might work,
Go to Device Manager.
Find System Devices then Intel Management Engine Interface.
open its properties. then on Power Management tab.
Uncheck "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power.  then
tab to Ok and press it.
Also if you have an external device plugged in E.G USB stuff or mouse
ETC, unplugg them before shutting down.
TC

On 10/17/21, Michael Munn <michaelrbms@...> wrote:
Everything is normal with in my Power settings and Fast Startup is
turned
off last time I checked.

[image: JAWS Certified, 2019]
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the
Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of
the
Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 12:53 AM michael H. Munn <michaelrbms@...>
wrote:

Hi all, I'm sending this email out because I experienced a problem on
my
computer. The problem that I have is that my computer won't turn off
everytime when I use the normal way to shut it down. I did everything
could to solve this problem but in the end, it was useless. Everytime
when
I attempt to shut down the computer,
it says shutting down on the screen but the fan and the LED light next
the power button still remain on. When I first experienced this problem
thought that I packed my laptop with the switch facing down the
backpack.
After I realized this, I immediately corrected how I packed my laptop
and
the problem still existed. The laptop will get very hot from the fan
and
the fan will remain running until the computer battery drains out.
Have you all experienced this problem before? If so, how did you fix
it?
I'm using an HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-ds0xxxs laptop with Windows10
21H1
(OS Build 19043.1237 and Jaws 2021 latest update.

Please let me know if there is a way to solve this or not.

Thanks

Best regards

Michael H. munn