From: "Michael Munn " <michaelrbms@gmail.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: PC Problem

Thanks a lot and greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately my computer use AMD as it's processor.

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students, National Federation of Georgia
http://nfbga.org
Member National Association of Blind Students, National Federation of the Blind
http://nfb.org
Student of: Hadley Institute for the Blind
http://hadley.edu

On Oct 17, 2021, at 01:27, Hareth <hareth4m@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
If your computer contains it, this might work,
Go to Device Manager.
Find System Devices then Intel Management Engine Interface.
open its properties. then on Power Management tab.
Uncheck "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power.  then
tab to Ok and press it.
Also if you have an external device plugged in E.G USB stuff or mouse
ETC, unplugg them before shutting down.
TC

On 10/17/21, Michael Munn <michaelrbms@gmail.com> wrote:
Everything is normal with in my Power settings and Fast Startup is turned
off last time I checked.

[image: JAWS Certified, 2019]
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the
Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the
Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 12:53 AM michael H. Munn <michaelrbms@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all, I'm sending this email out because I experienced a problem on my
computer. The problem that I have is that my computer won't turn off
everytime when I use the normal way to shut it down. I did everything I
could to solve this problem but in the end, it was useless. Everytime
when
I attempt to shut down the computer,
it says shutting down on the screen but the fan and the LED light next to
the power button still remain on. When I first experienced this problem I
thought that I packed my laptop with the switch facing down the backpack.
After I realized this, I immediately corrected how I packed my laptop and
the problem still existed. The laptop will get very hot from the fan and
the fan will remain running until the computer battery drains out.
Have you all experienced this problem before? If so, how did you fix it?
I'm using an HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-ds0xxxs laptop with Windows10
21H1
(OS Build 19043.1237 and Jaws 2021 latest update.

Please let me know if there is a way to solve this or not.

Thanks

Best regards

Michael H. munn