My strategy is to activate the context menu on the link with shift+f10 and then arrow down to open link. Then, I press Enter. This works every time.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong

On Oct 16, 2021, at 8:06 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

I seem to recollect that Control+Enter activates a link. I think you must
have your cursor on the link. And, there may be an option within Word's
settings to enable this.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 12:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: question about activating links in a Word document

Hi all,
Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting
this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses
or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank
line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply
curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows
10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison