moderated Re: question about activating links in a Word document

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Or you can press Shift + F10 on any of the links and choose the option to "Open Hyperlink"

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ben Moxey
Sent: October 15, 2021 3:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: question about activating links in a Word document

Hi Madison

Using your links list (JAWS key + F7) is a really easy way to do this. It will automatically select the nearest link in the document when the list opens. Otherwise, you can simulate a left mouse click when the text cursor is within the link by pressing slash on the number pad, or Caps Lock + 8 on the number row in laptop keyboard mode.

All the best.

Ben

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Saturday, 16 October 2021 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: question about activating links in a Word document

Hi, Madison. I seem to be having trouble sending to groups.io from this address this morning, so I had to send this twice. That's because, usually, when you open a Word document, you are in edit mode. This means that, when you press ENTER, SPACE, or other keys, you are inserting something into the document. Try pressing JAWS key plus Z first, to turn on navigation keys, and take you out of edit mode.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 12:39 PM
Subject: question about activating links in a Word document

Hi all,
Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows 10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.