moderated Re: windows 11

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you have no issues and all is working well and both computers are capable of Windows 11 and you are running Jaws 2022 or whatever version of NVDA which fully supports Windows 11 then I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade. Yes, Windows 10 will be supported for 4 more years, but if all was well I'd still upgrade.

Do you not find File Explorer to be slow to respond when navigating longer lists of folders and files?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: October 15, 2021 11:06 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows 11

I have updated my main computer to Windows 11 and I am  seeing so little difference that I don't plan to upgrade my other computer----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 1:25 PM

He seems to think the world will end if he can't run Windows 11. You are of course entirely correct, installing Windows 11 by some sort of hack is probably the worst thing you can do and there is absolutely no reason for it. I still hear of things like File Explorer being fairly sluggish with all screenreaders in Windows 11 and while I am also curious about Windows 11, I am in no particular hurry and have a feeling that once I do maybe install it on the one computer I currently own which says it can run it I will be underwhelmed and find that on a day-to-day bases it will make little difference.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: October 15, 2021 5:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Why would you want to install an unsupported operating system?  My understanding is that if you do, you may not get security updates.  I'd install the latest version of windows 10 and be content, even if you really want 11, you probably don't want it for the first six months, unless you like  using your computer for a door stop instead of a computer.  Leave the first little while to those with spare computers.

CH

On 10/14/2021 22:31, Marvin Hunkin wrote:

Hi. My processor I 3  7020 u processor not supported. And some one was saying they are getting updates for now. Should I install windows 11 now on my current system. Got the pc health check and only thing not supported my processor. Have not got 21 h 2 for windows 10, but not much. And Microsoft will  their efforsts on windows 11, not windows 10. From I read. So have everything backed up to my external drive. Do I just install the iso, manually, or can I do this over the top of use the media creation tool.

Got jaws 2022 beta 2 on my laptop testing.

And nvda 2021.2. any thoughts.

What would you do. Looking to purchase a new laptop in the next three to four months, December or January probably early December or maybe mid December, as mid  going in for my  ioedene treatment and they have to then clean and take away my laptop when I come out after three days. And so looking to purchase a new asuss, with a faster  16 gb ram, 1 to 2 tb ssd drive, audio jack, great audio, 15 inch screen.

Thanks.processor,radioactive January .concentrate 7

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.