moderated Re: windows 11

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you have no issues and all is working well and both computers are capable of Windows 11 and you are running Jaws 2022 or whatever version of NVDA which fully supports Windows 11 then I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade. Yes, Windows 10 will be supported for 4 more years, but if all was well I'd still upgrade.

Do you not find File Explorer to be slow to respond when navigating longer lists of folders and files?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: October 15, 2021 11:06 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows 11

I have updated my main computer to Windows 11 and I am  seeing so little difference that I don't plan to upgrade my other computer----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 1:25 PM

He seems to think the world will end if he can't run Windows 11. You are of course entirely correct, installing Windows 11 by some sort of hack is probably the worst thing you can do and there is absolutely no reason for it. I still hear of things like File Explorer being fairly sluggish with all screenreaders in Windows 11 and while I am also curious about Windows 11, I am in no particular hurry and have a feeling that once I do maybe install it on the one computer I currently own which says it can run it I will be underwhelmed and find that on a day-to-day bases it will make little difference.