moderated Re: Unable to load Basic HTML view in Gmail

Soronel Haetir

I suspect you do but I only have one account so can't check.

On 10/13/21, Dani Pagador <pocketfulofspry@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't see the "Set Basic HTML View as Default" option either. I just
see "Standard" and then "Learn More". Glad it's not just me.

You wrote: "To use basic from the
outset I now have to use a bookmark (to the page that comes up when I
hit the basic HTML button)."

If you have more than one account, do you need to bookmark each
account's Inbox separately when you change to the Basic HTML view to
have the mailbox's webpage open in Basic HTML?

Thanks,
Dani

On 10/13/21, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@gmail.com> wrote:
The basic view as default no longer works the way it used to.

Used to be (with basic as default) I could simply go to "gmail.com"
and it would load the page with the basic HTML view already set. Now
if I go to gmail.com it loads the standard view and I have to hit the
basic HTML button for each separate visit. To use basic from the
outset I now have to use a bookmark (to the page that comes up when I
hit the basic HTML button).

It's not a change I'm particularly happy with but I've at least mostly
made the mental switch.

On 10/13/21, Jeff Christiansen <jeff@teameei.org> wrote:
The set Basic view as default appears at the bottom of the page after
you
have made the change to basic view.