moderated Re: Unable to load Basic HTML view in Gmail

Dani Pagador

I was having trouble yesterday, but managed to be able to load the
Basic HTML view for my various GMail accounts this morning. Hopefully
it stays that way all day.

It seems as though they've taken away the ability to keep this as the
default view, though. For the past few days, I've had to toggle it on
when I've logged in to the web interface. I can't find the "set Basic
HTML as the default view" that I used to see before, and it isn't
under the Settings, either. (Sight dependent people seem to like the
Standard view better; when my husband needs to find something in my
e-mail, he sets it to Standard view, and I'd find it that way the next
time I log in. Imho, it's not very JFW or this-user friendly.)

More Later,
Dani

On 10/13/21, Patrick Johnson <patrickjohnson1015@gmail.com> wrote:
You are not the only one experiencing issues loading the basic html
version. Gmail has been flaky multiple times over the past few weeks
with trying to load the basic html version. Only advise, take a break
and try again after an hour or two.
Google hangouts appears to be accessible for the most part with JAWS,
but the screen reader access documentation is lacking.

Patrick

On 10/13/21, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@gmail.com> wrote:
Don't know, it still works here. Maybe try actually logging out then
signing back in? It's been years since I have actually signed out of
gmail, even with switching computers since I always keep the old ones.

On 10/12/21, turab chimthanawala <turabhvc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I am unable to load Basic HTML view in Gmail. It says temporary error.
Tried on 2 laptops and on Chrome as well as on firefox. The problem
persists with my other account as well. What could be the issue?

Regards,

Turab Chimthanawala
(ACS, LLM)
+91-8087813609