From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: October 12, 2021 7:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What program is best when it comes to making a system image?

Have you ever tried to restore that?  Frankly, I don't think you are getting it all, that sounds like a nice way to back up all the files on the system, but that isn't the same thing as an image.

CH

On 10/12/2021 08:44, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
When I make a system image, I boot to a talking WinPE either on CD or
USB, and zip it up with 7Zip.
There are two files that don't need to be zipped when doing this,
because they are just windows temporary files, and they are typically
as big as the amount of RAM your system has.
They are hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys They are both in the C: root,
and cannot be deleted while your version of windows is running, but if
you boot to WinPE you can delete them, and then proceed to make an
image of the C: drive.
Then when you reboot, windows will recreate these files.
Glenn
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ingram"
<dingram269@earthlink.net>