From: "Glenn / Lenny" <glenn@ervin.email>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: What program is best when it comes to making a system image?

Well I've never tried it with windows 10, but it works with 7.
I think another good way that would work well, but I haven't tried this for
backing up, is to boot to WinPE and go into administrative tools and storage
and make a VHD image of the C: drive.
You again would not want to include pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys in this,
as it would just take up a lot of unnecessary space.
BTW, VHD is for virtual hard drive, which is a single file that acts like a
partition or separate drive.
That is what hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys are, VHD files, and that is
ultimately how windows makes backup images, if one looks in system volume
information, you will find a large VHD file.
You should also be able to use something like Macrium Reflect Restore or
possibly partition guru to restore the Windows VHD files.
Glenn