moderated Re: What program is best when it comes to making a system image?

Chris Hill

I've attempted to restore from a windows image.  As long as you're going back to the same drive, it should be okay.  For regular use, I prefer Terabyte unlimited's Image for Windows. Unlike the built-in software, it stores its image in one or multiple files depending on how you want it done, and you can easily move these around, the builtin program does a lot with hidden files and such, it is a hot mess to manage for multiple backups.  Also, the Terabyte folks have always been there when I needed to do something complex like move an image back to a smaller drive, switch to an ssd or whatever.  The amount of money one could save with something else just isn't worth it.  Here's a link: https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows/

On 10/12/2021 07:02, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
Windows includes the ability to create a system image, it is very accessible to create one. I have never restored from one, therefore I cannot speak of the accessibility on a restore. I’m going to guess that it will require sighted assistance to restore.
On Oct 12, 2021, at 4:42 AM, David Ingram <dingram269@earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi list members, i want to make a system image, but i’m not sure which program that i should use. Are there any accessible programs that are built in that we could use to make a system image? I want to use this for my c drive. What program is built in that does this with accessibility for the blind built in. Thank you for any information that you might have concerning this question.