moderated Re: strange problem when opening pdf files

Ben Moxey

Hi Kevin

The words with no spaces that you’re noticing is to do with the way the original file was created. Visually, the two words that JAWS is trying to read as one are probably located on different lines, but the author hasn’t used the correct spacing.

Use the JAWS OCR feature and you should be able to read the document effectively.

  1. Press the JAWS key + Space.
  2. Press O for OCR.
  3. Press D for document.

Note that the ability to OCR a whole document only works for PDFs loaded in Adobe Reader DC.

All the best.

Ben