moderated Excel formula

John Doering

Hello:

I am trying to write a formula into an existing Excel spread sheet and I am having a problem.

For example:

I type =2+2 and hit enter.

I arrow back up to the cell and I hear =2+2 has formula.

I opened a new spread sheet and typed in the same thing and get 4 as I should.

Any ideas on what the issue is?

Any thoughts  would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

John