moderated Re: window or mac

Judy

Leo, since I’ve retired I haven’t had to use Microsoft Word, and if I have to write a note, list etc I just use Notepad. It’s easy and I can edit it without all the bells and whistles of Word. Does the Mac have a similar thing to Notepad? Thanks. Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Leo
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 10:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: window or mac

HI, Windows 11 and Big Sur user here! My piece of advice, if you like to learn new things, just take the plunge, the learning curve was not Herculean labor for me because in trying new gadgets and apps, I am Indiana Jones, lol.  Bear in mind that you will be facing not only new commands but also a new concept on how to understand an ecosystem. You will know in a day or two  if you made the right choice because either you will dream about yourself sitting in front of your Mac or you will go psychotic. Drawing on my own experience, I can tell you that personally the only case I wouldn’t recommend a Mac computer to a Windows PC user is if the person is a heavy user of Microsoft Word. Let’s just say that text-processing is the downside for screen reader users in Mac, at least when it comes to be productive. Not that pages is not accessible, oh pages is so beautiful and accessible, but you don’t want to export every single document into a word document because it is time-consuming. Besides, most of the format will be lost, and using MS Word in Mac is like traveling to Colonial Williamsburg in a tripod.

Best,

     Leo Bado.