moderated Re: window or mac

Judy,

I will allow others who may be using MacOS and iOS to comment in detail, but the differences between any smartphone/tablet OS, and any desktop/laptop OS, is vast.

iOS skills do not, in my observation and experience, intuitively (or anything to it) transfer over to MacOS and vice versa.  The ecosystems are significantly different because the entire design idioms of a touch based OS and a mouse or keyboard based OS are just not the same.  [This was equally true for Windows and the Windows Phone, when the latter and Windows Mobile OS still existed.]

iOS and MacOS cannot be described, in any meaningful way, as "the same OS."

    ~ William Plomer